Wednesday, January 19, 2011

38 Weeks

Hi Everyone,

Well, I am pleased to know that the "excitement" that we had in week 37 didn't go unrewarded. I have dilated to 2cm/50% effaced and getting just a little closer to meeting my daughter than I was last week.

We were really worried about what we would do with Taylor if Ashlyn didn't wait until Granny Mary got here but the Doc said that she thought she would wait (but of course she doesn't have a crystal ball, so...)

Taylor's bag is all packed and I have her pack-n-play stuff ready to go should she need to stay with a neighbor. My bag...still not packed! LOL! Denial, maybe? We need to get some gas drops, Tylenol, etc. but I guess that can wait until she gets here and needs it. I am sure Brodie will be looking for any excuse to get out of the house. ;) It's amazing how laid back we are compared to when Taylor was born. Shoot, at 4 months we were ready for Taylor. We had EVERYTHING POSSIBLE needed for a newborn, and then some. With Ashlyn, we have 2 packs of diapers, some cotton balls, and a place for her to sleep. I did eventually get Tay's old clothes washed and put away in Ashlyn's room.

Well, it's nap time. I'll update next Tues after my 39 week appointment, unless something else happens between now and then.

(update) Monday - Well, I have my 39 week checkup tomorrow. For the last two days I have had contractions on and off. They have been anywhere from 20-13 minutes apart. Nothing consistent. My doc calls this a "dress rehearsal" and says that the more of these that I have the faster my labor will be because my body is doing a lot of work before hand. I have felt really sluggish and weak the last two days. My feet are killing me. They aren't swollen, they just hurt so bad. I feel like I am walking on my bones and that in any minute they will just explode. Sitting at a 90 angle is also very painful. Standing for any length of time is painful b/c the baby is so low and it feels like my muscles are ripping apart. Don't get much sleep at night. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. Now, if she can just wait 5 more days!!! Hurry, Granny!!!