We had our 37 week appointment today and the awesome news is that I am 1cm dilated. The baby is VERY LOW. This is causing some "minor discomfort"! LOL!
- My lower ab muscles feel like they are already ripping apart.
- My hips are literally separating from my tailbone as you are reading this! This does not allow me to put much pressure on my left leg...I walk like an car wreck patient now!
- Oh, and the newest "discomfort" is a sharp, electrical shooting pain from my tailbone around to my tummy. This makes me gasp very loudly and it scares the daylights outta Brodie because it happens so randomly.
When I called Brodie at work after my appointment, I told him I was 1cm. It was so funny, he got so worked up. "So, so, so, what does that mean? Did she say how much longer it would be? Are we gonna have her early? What else did she say?" LOL! I managed to calm him down and explained to him that I could stay this way until the day Ashlyn was born. All it means is that we are getting there, just calm down. With Taylor I was 1cm dilated at my 35 week appointment but she was no where near as low as Ashlyn. I was also a week late with Taylor!!! So, the fact that I'm dilated now doesn't mean much. She'll come when she's ready...and frankly I would like to get a few more things done around the house.
However, I do need to start taking it easy now. I realized today after my dr.'s appointment and a grocery shopping trip with an 18month old, then putting the groceries away, that I was absolutely DRAINED! I guess it's time to have "The Talk" with my hubby. You know the one. "Now dear, I know all I do is lay around the house all day but my body is working very hard so I can't do as much as I used too. It is now time for you to really start doing your part and some of mine...even though all I do is lay around all day!" {wink!!!}
I am getting so excited. I also need to pack a hospital bag. I haven't done that yet either. Actually, we haven't done hardly anything. I have only bought 1 pack of diapers. I need to wash her clothes. I do have the changing station set up and I guess that is about all that is really necessary. Thankfully we are going to have Granny Mary here for 2 weeks!!! Oh Hallelujah!!! I'm gonna realize when we bring Ashlyn home just how much I should've done before she was born. (Oh, nice little Braxton Hick's contraction!!!)
Well, Taylor has been napping for an hour now. It's time for her to wake up so I should wrap this up. I just wanted to give everyone an update. We love you and miss you all!
The Brodie's + one more little baby girl very soon!