Wednesday, May 25, 2011

4 month check up

I absolutely CANNOT believe that our little baby will be 4 months in a few days. Her pediatrician said we could start her on solids now. I thought to myself, "No! It's too early. My baby isn't big enough for that yet!" But...she is. I think back to when Taylor was finally old enough for solids. I was jumping for joy hoping some solid food in her diet would help her sleep better. Thankfully Ashlyn doesn't have any of the problems that Taylor (and her momma and daddy) suffered.

At Ashlyn's 4mo check up she was 14.4lbs (77th percentile) and 25in (87th percentile). We have been putting cereal in her bottle since she was about 2 months old. She had slept through the night several times. She even slept through the night 4 nights in a row about 3 weeks ago. Now she is getting up at around 1am and then again around 5am. She usually sleeps till about 7:30am. She takes 3 naps a day in her swing. I have tried a few times getting her to nap in her crib but she just wakes up after about an hour, awake for 2 hrs, and napping again from about 4-5pm. Her bedtime is 7pm if I can get her to stay awake that long.

She is such a good baby. She only cries if she's hungry, tired, or cold. Other than that she is ALL smiles. She is so happy and just laughs and laughs. I have really enjoyed her. We all have, even Taylor. She wakes up in the morning and runs to her sister and says, "Hi Baby Ashlyn!" It is SO SWEET! I mean just melt my heart why don't ya! Taylor does so well with Ashlyn, when she pays attention to her.

But Ashlyn is getting so big, so fast. I put away her newborn clothes and brought out her 3-6mo clothes. For some reason we just didn't have a lot of 3-6mo clothes. Then it was brought to my attention that Taylor was so big at 4 months (2lbs & 2in over Ashlyn) that we all but skipped 3-6mo clothes and went straight to 6 month clothes!

Unfortunately, we are all coming down with sore throats. Taylor picked it up from somewhere, then Ashlyn got it, Daddy started feeling bad 2 days ago, and today the coodies finally made themselves my way. Ugh, being a mom and being sick just DO NOT jive well.

I am going to try to upload some dropshot pix now. Have a nice week!