Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Pottty Training - 23 Months

Well, it's about time I guess. I had started tryin' to train her before Ashlyn got here but everyone told me to wait. The odds of her reverting to a diaper would go way up. So, Ashlyn is 3 months now, Taylor will be 2 next month, so I made up my mind today that we'd start potty training.

We started after her nap. I put her big girl undies on, sat her on her little pottty in front of Barney with a bowl of Doritos. It worked! She sat there until she tee-tee'd. YAY! TAYLOR!!! WHAT A GOOD BIG GIRL! The next couple of times i caught her when she started and plopped her down on her potty. Then her daddy came home. She showed of her new panties and got a big hug for going tee-tee in the potty.

She's gonna kill me for posting this next part!

Then it was time to feed Ashlyn and she hadn't gone #2 yet and I knew she'd go in her panties if I didn't watch her like a hawk. Well, she went into the kitchen and I wasn't paying attention. Then I heard a little grunt. I said, "Baby, go check Taylor and make sure she didn't have an accident." Yep, she did! He just looked at me and knew that I couldn't get up. He said with a helpless look on his face, "What do I do?" LOL! I told him to take her to the bathroom, remove the rug, and VERY carefully take her panties off and clean her up. They weren't back there 1 minute and I heard, "Taylor, no. No. NOOOOOO! Don't eat that!!!!!" I just busted out laughing...quietly of course. When he came back in here I couldn't contain myself. He said very upset, "Oh yeah, she's eating her poo. That's REAL funny!" LOL! God love him. He did the best he could and she still managed to reach back there before he got her cleaned up. I think he's the only person who doesn't know that every kid eat's poo at least once!

Well Taylor, when your 15 and reading through the stories of your life and you get to this post...just remember...I LOVE YOU AND YOU'D HAVE POSTED IT IF YOU WERE ME!!! IT WAS SO FUNNY! Just wait till you bring home your first serious boyfriend.

p.s. Bedtime was horrible tonight. It has been so good now for about a month. I guess all the changes today were kinda tough on her. Daddy had to go lay with her till she fell asleep. Ashlyn is also doing a better job of sleeping now that we are putting some cereal in her bottle before bed. Instead of waking up at 12am and 3am. She's only getting up at 4am and her bedtime is 7pm. Not too shabby! She's up for the day around 7am.