Call me crazy...but...
Taylor has been saying "momma" for a while now. "M's" are usually very difficult for most kids and the pediatrician was pretty impressed when I told him that she was saying her vowels and the letters "M" and "K" very well. He asked if she was saying her "D's" or "G's" and I told him no, not yet. He said that was interesting, that these letters usually come much later.
I never thought she knew what momma meant. I just assumed it was baby babble. But today, I was feeding Taylor her breakfast and she reached out for me and said, "Momma."
Granted, this could just be coincidence (and it probably is). But, as far as I am concerned my baby knows I am "Momma!"
Like I said, call me crazy! LOL!
Oh, she is also feeding her self for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I have been giving her Gerber Puffs (aka. Stars) by putting them in her mouth. But, I thought it was time she learned how to do it herself so I started putting them in her hand. After a while she finally figured out that she needs to grab the star with her index finger and thumb and put it in her mouth. When she first started this she thought they were a toy, and still sometimes do. Stars are really awesome, they are a little treat that just melts in their mouth. They remind me of a melting cheerio's.
And, she is developing a little temper too. Which in turn means she is also learning the word, "NO!" LOL!
She is doing so good.