Thursday, February 04, 2010

DaDa!!

I know I'm bias but my baby is SO SMART! LOL!!!!

For a few days now I have been telling her, "DaDa." It didn't take her long and she started trying to say it. At first it was coming out "YaYa" which was so sweet and funny that I couldn't hardly stand it! Now she has gotten it down pat. "DaDa, DaDa, YaYa." Her daddy is so proud. Now we are working on "Pawpaw!"

She is also loving her big girl baths now. At first she was pretty scared in that big tub all alone so we moved her to the spare bathroom bathtub which is smaller. She felt much more comfy in that one. But, now that she is used to it we moved her bath back to the big tub in the master bath. I use the spare bathroom for myself and it was a pain digging out all of her bath toys every morning.

And if my child gets one more tooth...I just don't know what I'll do! I found two more teeth last night. That's 7 teeth at 8 months old and one more is just under the skin!!! 4 on the top and 3.5 on the bottom. 2 haven't completely broken through but you can see them just under the skin.

She is also pushing herself up into a sitting position. She doesn't do it all the time but the other night I put her down in her crib on her tummy and she got up on her hands and knees, got into a sitting position and then proceeded to pull herself up on the slats of her crib. She still isn't crawling forward but she can go backwards like a champ. Sometimes she'll get so excited that she's actually on her hands and knees that she'll start rocking back and forth and get a little too much momentum and throw herself forward. Then she's like, "Wait, I just went forward! Cool!!!"

My little baby is getting so big right before my eyes. She can really start slowing down now. I am so glad that the first 6 months are over. It was so hard for us. Things are so much easier now, it's almost like night and day. I love being a mom now and I hope she likes being my daughter.