What a great 3rd birthday present...SNOW! Taylor, Ashlyn, Sandi and Charlie...and Momma played in the snow/ice yesterday and today and had so much fun. Regretfully, Ashlyn missed her nap today so she was pretty ill this afternoon. She still cries, "Hold Me, Momma!" It's so pitiful, God love her! Taylor actually talked her into walking into a ditch full of frozen ice water up to her knees. Then she cried because it was cold! Really, sister!
We are going to wait until Granny Mary gets here from Chicago to have her birthday party so today was pretty boring. We've been frozen inside for the last couple of days so tomorrow a GREAT friend of mine is going to keep the girls for a while so I can catch my breath. Being a mom is getting easier in ways but now Ashlyn is trying to test her boundaries and picking up her sisters bad habits. But overall, I am finally now ENJOYING being a mom. I really didn't think it would ever happen.
Preschool has been very good for Taylor. She is also taking a dance combo class: tap, ballet and tumbling. All of her teachers constantly praise her on her compassion, leadership skills and intelligence. It's so gooooooooood to hear them sing her praises because I don't get many opportunities to see all that goodness at home. On occasion she'll really impress me and boy do I make a big deal of it. I try to spend as much time with her as I can, just holding her and loving on her. She really enjoys it when I brush her hair when I am getting her ready in the morning. She'll often say, "Momma, keep brushing." She is such a sweet heart. I just don't know why she doesn't (or won't) show that beautiful side of her at home. Ah well, we are constantly working on it.
The other thing we are working on is her tee-teeing in her pants. When she's 27 she's gonna kill me for writing this! LOL! But she absolutely does NOT CARE if she wets her pants. She is playing and she isn't going to stop for anyone or anything...even to go potty. And now Ashlyn is doing the same thing. I've tried not saying anything and hoping it goes away, putting her back in pull-up's, spanking, nothing works. The minute I told both of them today that if they even so much as dribbled one drop in their underwear, they were getting a BAD spanking with a belt - Ashlyn didn't have anymore accidents. She was scared! Taylor, she didn't care! She got like 5 spankings in one day. I explained to her every single time why I was spanking her, how much I hated spanking her, but that she HAD to stop having accidents and I didn't know what else to do. She just didn't care. Now, when she was getting a spanking, of course she cared. But an hour or two later...yep...she didn't care. Another spanking. All day long! Seriously!!! But I am just not going to give up. She is not going to keep doing this. It's nasty and she has to learn.
But, winter is at it's peak and we will soon be sliding into spring. It is so hard to believe that we only have about 4 months left until we have to move. I'm excited and a bit sad. I just can't wait to get a place so I can start imagining our family down there. I've been gone for so long that I'm guessing it will be a little weird going back to live. But Brodie's job is going to be so good for him and I am really excited about that. Watching the girls get to know their family and so much more. Four more months.