Yesterday was my first day alone with the girls. Granny Mary was gone and dad went to work. The day was FABULOUS!!! Taylor was pretty good (relatively speaking) and Ashlyn only woke to eat all day. I was able to get Taylor down for a 1.5hr nap (which never happens) so I snoozed on the couch while Ashlyn dreamed away in the swing.
Taylor had a Dr.'s appointment at 2:30 and I was only 6 minutes late! Super Success!!! The doc told me I was giving her WAY to many fluids during the day. So, we have cut back and hopefully that will help her appetite and sleeping.
I managed to keep the house in great order and get some laundry done (and put away). I also cooked supper, cleaned the kitchen, and pumped on time! Whew...I was in bed at 9pm! What a great day!
The night however was something totally different. Ashlyn woke up at 3am to eat. Somehow Taylor instinctively knew that I was up so SHE WOKE UP. But since I was nursing I couldn't just put the baby down which meant Dad had to get up. He tried several times putting her back in her bed but that didn't work. After Ashlyn was asleep I took over putting her back in bed. An hour later she was still getting out of bed. B was furious and had to get some sleep so he took Taylor into the spare bedroom and slept with her until it was time to get up then he brought her in bed with me. This is now our night life. We are both unbelievably aggravated and have no idea how to stop her from doing this. I was being very consistent for 2 months putting her back in bed and she didn't get it. Now that the baby is here Dad has to help and he also needs his sleep so it is just easier to do it the way we did last night. You would think that after 2 months of the same routine she'd get it and stay in bed. Nope. And now that she's getting what she wants, it's just getting worse. Please pray for us because this will soon take it's toll on everyone and it won't be good.
Today we went to Walmart again. It was much better this time! LOL! I needed a few things and decided to go because Taylor was driving me insane this morning. There were no playgroups or anything and she HAD to get out of the house. Yep, so we went to Walmart. I spent $120 and I have no idea what I got, other than 1 pack of diapers. Which by the way costs $20!!! No wonder I cloth diaper!!! She is in her chair now eating lunch and is acting much better. I am debating on letting her take a nap. Hopefully if she is exhausted she'll sleep a little better. But then again if she is TOO tired she won't sleep well either. Oh, will SOMEBODY please call the Supper Nanny for me! How can I be so off with helping my daughter sleep! The crazy thing is that thousands of parents in the U.S. are going through the exact same thing and NO ONE has any answers! If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE EMAIL ME OR BRODIE! We are totally open to advice and welcome it! What are we doing wrong? What have we done wrong since the beginning? Please don't let me make the same mistake with Ashlyn.
Well, I need to go figure out what I bought at Walmart so I can justify my purchase to my husband when he comes home!
P.S. Ashlyn lost her button stump today!!!!