Does anyone have ANY IDEA why our child will only take 2, 30-45 minute naps a day? It is driving me crazy. She is sleeping GREAT at night. Maybe only waking once to eat, maybe. Most of the time she goes down at 7pm, sleeps till about 5am when she wakes to eat. She'll go back to sleep and wake up somewhere around 7 or 8am. This, I am most certainly NOT complaining about. I am VERY lucky she lets me sleep in.
However, when it comes to nap time, FOOOOOORGET IT! Most kids at 6.5 months are taking 2 or 3, 1 or 2 hour naps a day! I can't figure it out. Why won't she take longer naps.
The reason this is important to me is because she is pretty needed, as most 1st children are. I devote 100% of my waking moments to her. She doesn't have to share me with another sibling. So, she loves to be held and play games with mom...all the time. She is also aware now when I am not in a room and she screams her head off. Oh, and don't let her watch me leave a room. You would think someone is strangling her!
To get some time to do chores I put her in her bouncer, her swing, on the floor, and other stuff. But, she will only be content with that for so long, then she wants mom time. Yes, I could let her cry, and sometimes I do - for a little while...but mostly I am just not that kind of mom. Why make your kid cry if they don't have too? Perhaps I am making my own bed, but that isn't the point. WHY WON'T SHE NAP LONGER???
My house is a mess. I am dirty, tired and hungry...welcome to motherhood!