Taylor is 6 months old today. I cannot believe how big our baby is. Her personality is really starting to come out and she is so much like her mom but she looks like her dad. She's so funny, when she wants something, she wants it NOW! She loves to suck on her top lip, stick her tongue out and blow bubbles, scream really loudly, and suck on her two fingers. She is experiencing a little bit of separation anxiety which most 6 month olds go through. She is realizing that we are out of the room and gets scared when she's alone. I figured out today that she fits in a clothes basket which makes for easy transport of her and her toys from room to room.
I am not sure exactly how much she weighs or how tall she is. By our scales she's about 19 pounds and I'll measure her later tonight. She is enjoying bath time now which is a blessing. She is sleeping through the night. She wakes up at 4 a.m. but usually puts herself back to sleep and wakes up for good between 6 and 6:30 a.m. I have found that if I give her a little snack when she wakes up there is a good chance she'll let me sleep till 7:30 or 8 a.m. Or, it could be like today and she gets up at 4am, I'll feed her and get back to sleep about 4:45. She wakes back up at 5 a.m. and goes back to sleep. I fall back to sleep at 5:45 and Brodie gets up for work at 6:15. She's up for good at 6:30 a.m. Ah, the joys of motherhood. But, I don't mind it. She is the sweetest when she falls asleep and when she wakes up. She'll play in her crib in the mornings all by herself for 20-30 minutes if I let her. When we go in, she'll peek up at us and give us the biggest smile and get so excited. She almost can't contain it! She is such a blessing and everytime I look at her it's as if I am really looking at an angel here on earth.
We had a good Thanksgiving here in North Carolina. The three of us spent the day pigging out and playing. We are gearing up for our trip to Chicago for Christmas, which we are all very excited about. I hope Taylor gets to see some snow for the first time. Don't worry MS family, we'll be home soon. We love you all.
Don't forget to check out her latest pics in the Dropshots link to the right.
At Tay's 6mo check up she weighed 19lbs and was 29" long. She is in the 94th percentile for her weight and off the charts for height! She's a BIG baby! I LOVE IT!!!!