Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's getting a little better!

A few days ago I didn't think I could do this anymore. Everything was just so hard. I had tried almost every sleep schedule I could think of. Finally my neighbor suggested that instead of putting her to sleep at 7, keep her up a little later.

I would give her a bath at 6:30, nurse and start putting her down at 7. Most nights she wouldn't get to sleep until 8 or 8:30. That means I am spending absolutely no time with my husband and the time we do spend together isn't quality time because I am so exhausted. I have to admit, I have been pretty difficult to get along with lately...BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT, I'M SEVERELY SLEEP DEPRIVED!

Well, now I give Taylor her bath at 7 or 7:30, play and tire her out until 8 or 8:30. She goes to sleep so much easier and faster now. This allows me to finally be able to ask Brodie how his day went...and actually to listen.

Taylor is getting up 3 times a night now. She usually sleeps for about 2-2.5 hrs at a time. By now she should be getting into 4 or 5 hr stretches but not all babies are ready for that. For now I am so very thankful for only having to get up 3 times a night. I feel so much better and I am sure Taylor does too. We'll get to those 5 hour stretches, I'm sure. It just won't happen right now and that is fine. I have learned that motherhood becomes much easier when I let go of all of my expectations for my daughter. Just because last night was good doesn't mean tonight will be. I have learned to take one day at a time. This has really saved my sanity...and my relationship with Taylor.

She isn't an easy baby but my goodness, she is so awesome when she isn't tired.

Also, I put her on the scales this morning and she weighed 15 pounds. She was 13 pounds 2 weeks ago!