So, Taylor is 2.5. She's been in preschool for a little over about 2 months. In the last 48 hours she has SHOCKED ME with what she has learned.
Last night we were getting our books to read at bedtime. She walked to her bed with a stack of 5 books. She placed each one on the bed one at a time. With each book she put down she counted, 1, 2, 3, etc. I have never seen her count an item. She can count to 12 by herself but counting items is new. Then, book number 5 fell to the floor just as she counted it. She said, "Oops, almost!" Now I was really impressed. "Almost" isn't tangible, it's a concept. I said, "almost?" She said, "Yes, almost." It is so amazing to me that her little mind has already figured out the concept of almost, not quite, but almost. Crazy to wrap my mind around.
THEN...tonight in the bathtub I was talking to Brodie on speaker phone while I bathed the girls. I was talking to him and trying to keep Ashlyn from drowning herself and I caught, "America, one nation..." What? Wait. I didn't just hear the Pledge of Allegiance....did I? So, I stayed quiet for a few moments and sure enough. My baby girl recited the ENTIRE Pledge of Allegiance. I immediately texted her teacher. She says they say it everyday. I was shocked. And now I can't wait till tomorrow!
Ashlyn started crawling last week. She is all over the house now. I left her playing in the living room while I switched my laundry. When I came back in the room she was gone. (it's okay, don't worry) I walked down the hall and she was crawling into our bedroom to play with a basket of toys in there! LOL! This evening Ashlyn and Taylor were playing "Crawling Peek-a-Boo". Taylor would crawl down the hall and turn the corner. Ashlyn would crawl to the corner and peek her head around. When Taylor would see her she'd scream and crawl really fast past Ashlyn and into the living room. When Taylor passed Ashlyn on her way to the living room, Ashlyn would turn and follow her sister. They were laughing so hard. I think they are gonna make great playmates. I was so worried about this. I think it's gonna be okay! Having two girls is so great! I'm loving being a stay-at-home mom!