Tuesday, November 01, 2011

9 Months & Halloween

Hi Everyone,

Ashlyn was 9 months old on the 30th. She is SO BIG. We go today for our 9mo checkup. I'll update later with her stat's. She was 27" long and 19.6lbs. She was sick last week so she probably lost a pound or two.

We had such a good Halloween. This was really Taylor's first "real" trick-or-treat. The first Halloween she was only 4mo old. Last year she was quarantined with a 103 degree fever. This year...she was a butterfly. Well, it was a Tinkerbell costume but she called herself a butterfly. We smashed Ashlyn down the pumpkin outfit that Taylor wore her first Halloween. I mean we stuffed that child down in that sack. Poor girl was hot and couldn't straighten out her legs but she was CUTE! Ashlyn finally passed out about 8pm (and was up at 5am, no idea why!). Taylor ran around on a sugar high till 10pm. When I was putting Ash down Brodie said that Taylor was running around the house and then just flopping down on her belly. She did this several time. To "try" to unwind her, I took her on a long walk last night with the dogs. Everyone loved it. Oh, and this was her first time to play with glo-sticks. She kept wanting me to take them apart. She loved those too. Taylor had lots of fun and got too much candy. All in all, it was a smashing success!

Ashlyn is trying so hard to crawl and pull herself up. She actually pushes her self up off of the floor in a yoga Mountain Pose. Her bootie is all the way up in the air and her hands and feet are flat on the floor. She's crazy strong. She flops all over the floor and is pretty mobile that way but she just hasn't crawled yet. She also isn't making any real words but is very vocal. She is getting so big and I can really tell that she is developing her own sense of will and independence. It's scary. I don't want my little baby to grow up and it is going by way too fast. But I tell you, God has truly blessed our family. We are so happy.

Taylor is growing by leaps and bounds, especially behaviorally. I cannot tell you what an improvement I have seen since she started school. She is such a nicer person. We still have our days because she's 2, but I am just so impressed and relieved that she is growing into the little person I had prayed for. I look at her now with such love and completeness instead of anxiety and impatience. (This is due to a lot of work on both our parts.) She asks for hugs and kisses all the time. Well, she ask's for them from me. We are going through a, "Daddy, GET" phase. She doesn't even want Brodie in the same room with her. I talked to my neighbor about it who has 2 girls a little older than Taylor and she said it's normal. Her oldest went through that too. I can't wait till she grows out of it. It can be pretty hurtful to her dad. But really, that is our only struggle right now. Well, that and she's 2! LOL!

We are VERY EXCITED to be gearing up to take a trip to Chicago. It will be Ashlyn's first plane ride and Taylor's 3rd. Can you imagine, 2 yrs old and already 3 plane trips.

Oh no, she's awake...gotta go!

love you.