Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tee-Tee On The Potty!

I AM SO PROUD OF TAYLOR!

We have been very casually working on potty training for a month and a half now. When I ask her if she wants to go potty she say, "No ma'am." Well, okay. Most mornings she'll use the potty but after breakfast she (and I) just don't really press it. I'll just put a diaper on her but still ask her if she wants to use the potty which always results in a NO.

This morning she must have already gone in her diaper before she got out of bed so she didn't go on the potty first thing. So, like always, she runs around bare-bottom till after breakfast. BUT TODAY WAS DIFFERENT!

She was playing with her baby dolls this morning in the living room, dressing them and making them go night-night. ;)~ Then, just standing there, she started tee-teeing saying, "Oh No!" So, I grabbed her and plopped her down on her potty seat that I keep in the living room. She finished on the potty and I praised her up and down! Afterwards she returned to her baby dolls (because that is her new obsession). A few minutes later she looked up at me sharply and said, "Oh No! Poo-poo!" I said, "Go to the potty." She immediately dropped everything and ran to her potty and...SUCCESS! She tee-tee'd on the potty and not on the floor. THIS IS A FIRST! Normally she'll use the potty only when she is already sitting on it and if she's not on it she'll have an accident. This time she felt like she had to tee-tee, understood the feeling, and knew to use the potty! I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!! WHAT A BIG STEP FOR MY LITTLE GIRL! GO TAYLOR!!!!