I felt the baby move yesterday! Taylor and I had gone to see daddy at work for Coast Guard Day. We were getting ready to leave and had followed him back to his office. I was standing there and felt something weird. All of a sudden it hit me....IT'S THE BABY!!! I couldn't believe it. I almost cried.
This pregnancy hasn't been in the forefront of our lives because we have had so much going on this summer. I often forget that I am pregnant! LOL! But, yesterday certainly made it much more real. I am so excited and can't hardly stand to wait the 6 more weeks needed to find out if it is a boy or a girl. It just seems like forever.
I have another appointment in 2 weeks for a heartbeat check and some blood work, just routine stuff.
As for the family, we are all doing fine. B is settling into his new job and finds it very engaging and dynamic which he loves. Taylor has started daycare on a spotty, part-time basis. Basically when the care-giver has a child that calls in sick she can go. She loves it and it gives me some time to go to appointments and get things done around the house. I am doing a little better. Daycare has helped. Also, in the last week Taylor has really become more independent allowing me to let her do more things on her own. She now pretty much refuses to let us feed her anything. There is a huge mess to clean up later but she eats fine so we let her. Plus, it's just part of growing up. Also, two nights ago she actually told me she was ready to go to bed. She was playing and came over to me and said, "Night, Night." I asked her if she was ready to go night, night and she ran to her room. 10 minutes later she was asleep! I can't tell you how shocked I was. She did the same thing last night and for her nap. I can't believe that she is such a big girl.
Well, I hope all of our friends and family are doing well. We love you and miss you all! Thanks for checking in.