Sunday, September 06, 2009

3 Months Old

Miss Taylor is well into her 3rd month of life now. She has really made significant leaps in her motor skills as well as her communication and learning curves. The most visible to me is when I changer her diaper. She will pick her legs up as soon as I place her on her changing table and hold them up until we are done. She is finding the toys on her activity play mat and reaching for the teething toys I place in front of her on her Bumbo seat. Her favorite thing is her burp cloth. She can reach down, pick it up and put it in her mouth. She loves to chew on it. I think her teeth are beginning to grow up through her gums, but it probably will be a while before they break the skin.

She is also talking and laughing a lot more. Instead of the little bursts of laughs she once had, she is now cracking her self up and laughing very hard at times. It is the cutest thing EVER. She "talks" back to me when I am speaking to her and sometimes it seems like she is encouraging me to talk to her. For Christmas I want to get her the "Your Baby Can Read" program that teaches children to read very early in life. I also encourage her dad to speak to her in Spanish which also helps her developmental progress.

She weighs 15.5 pounds and is about 26" long now. She is in size 2-3 disposable diapers and in medium cloth diapers. The cloth diapering is going great. She didn't stay in her small's as long as I had anticipated so we just had to purchase a bunch of mediums. But the good thing is that we can store them away until we have our next child...if I live through this one! LOL! The extra work that comes with it isn't enough to even worry about and I actually enjoy it because I know I am doing what is best for my baby and the environment.

She is starting to sleep a little better as well. For the last two nights she as only gotten up at 1am and 4am. I feel SO much better. I guess the trick is only letting her get small naps that are pretty far apart. Keeping her up after 5 or 6 is also helping her sleep. However...you do not want to be in this house around that time because her lungs are FULLY deveCheck Spellingloped. (Actually, did you know that human lungs aren't fully developed until about 18yrs old. That is why smoking and exposure to second-hand smoke at a young age is so very detrimental.)

Thank you for checking in on us. And if you wanna fly out and babysit, we'd love to have you!
:)~