Saturday, July 18, 2009

6 weeks old

Well, our little baby is 6 weeks old this week weighing in at a whopping 13 pounds! She is eating about every hour and a half now and she is very hard to put down at night. We were able to get her sleeping in her pack and play. She screamed bloody murder the first night...for a solid hour. But the next night and the following week was great. No problems. She'd eat, get tired and I'd put her down. She would fall right to sleep. Now every time I lay her down in her bed she jumps and wakes herself up. Long story short, she eats about every two hours and it takes me two hours to get her down. That adds up to no sleep for mommy! Two nights ago I got about 3 hours of sleep. This is the hardest it has been when it comes to night time.

However, I know this is only a phase and it will get better. I was getting pretty frustrated about 3 a.m. but I just had to remember that this is hard for her too. I know it's only a phase and things will get better.

Brodie is still giving her an occasional bottle and she is taking it wonderfully. She is growing like a weed. She is growing out of most of her newborn clothes but not really into her 3 month clothes. I have found that if it says 0-3 months it'll probably work. I hope to get her pictures taken pretty soon.

Well, she's napping now so I should help my husband clean the house...I'm so blessed.