A lot of people have been asking me if I am getting scared or nervous. Well, not so much. I am not afraid of labor (although I probably should be). I am more nervous about the first few weeks. I know it will require a thousand times more patience than I possess and I am praying that God will be with us and give us strength. Brodie is a rock and I know he'll do great. We also have Nanny Rogers coming to stay for 3 weeks and that will be invaluable. I am sure between the 3 of us our baby will get all of the love and attention she requires, regardless of the time of day or night.
It's silly, but I also think a lot about her growing up and becoming a teenager and what that will require from us. Parenting is the hardest job in the WORLD and I'm not even a mom yet. I just hope that I will be a good mom and wife. There is nothing that can prepare me for what lies ahead, I just pray so very hard that God will guide me to the right decisions. I know I will make mistakes, it's inevitable. I just hope that when she grows up she can forgive me for them and know that everything I did, I did for her.
Whew, okay. Now I'm all emotional! Deep breath...shake it off...
So, at 34 weeks my tummy is measuring 40" around and I am 168 lbs. I have gained 31 pounds. My next appointment is next week and I will start going once a week after that. My last day at work is May 1st and I am counting down the days. I get very tired after lunch and it is hard to stay focused. Physically, I feel alright most days. My back has started to ache a little. I have been having Braxton-Hicks contractions which is normal, they are very small ones now, but as I get further along their intensity will increase. I have been nesting like a crazy person. I can't stand for anything to be dirty. One glass in the sink freaks me out, which is completely opposite of my untidy character. I need to rest but my urge to clean forces me to get up. I have a thousand things spinning around in my head that need to get done so I'll make a list and email it to myself. LOL!
Enjoy the pics!
(Remember, click on pic to enlarge and use "back arrow" to go back to main blog page.)