Today was our 8 week ultrasound and everything went perfectly. The heartbeat was 175 which was perfect. As the baby gets older, its heartbeat will decrease to something closer to ours. But, for now, there is a lot going on and the baby and I are both working very hard.
I have been very fortunate not to have experienced "full blown" morning sickness. I have had just little waves of nausea here and there. I have had moments of being incredibly tired and incredibly energized. I almost passed out on Wednesday, but fainting and dizziness is not uncommon. My blood volume will almost double by the time the baby is born so my heart is working overtime. My blood sugar also rises and falls to some degree of one extreme or the other every 2-3 hours, which is entirely normal and also the reason I have to eat small meals every 3 hours or so.
So, without further ado...Here's our baby.
I have been very fortunate not to have experienced "full blown" morning sickness. I have had just little waves of nausea here and there. I have had moments of being incredibly tired and incredibly energized. I almost passed out on Wednesday, but fainting and dizziness is not uncommon. My blood volume will almost double by the time the baby is born so my heart is working overtime. My blood sugar also rises and falls to some degree of one extreme or the other every 2-3 hours, which is entirely normal and also the reason I have to eat small meals every 3 hours or so.
So, without further ado...Here's our baby.
(Click to enlarge images and use back arrow to return to main page.)
Pic of amniotic sac. It's the little halo looking membrane between the baby and my uterus.
Pic of blood flow in placenta and baby. The umbilical cord is stretching down to the left side.

This is a great pic of the yolk sac, the gray hollow circle. It provides the blood supply to the baby until the placenta is formed. It will eventually disappear. The amniotic sac is the orb-like thing and the umbilical cord is the gray fuzzy dot.

This is a great pic of the yolk sac, the gray hollow circle. It provides the blood supply to the baby until the placenta is formed. It will eventually disappear. The amniotic sac is the orb-like thing and the umbilical cord is the gray fuzzy dot.
This was the greatest pic and the hottest topic of the visit. Here the baby decided to do a little dance for daddy. Brodie is convinced "he" was doing the Super Bowl Shuffle!
Also, this is when Brodie JUST KNEW it was a boy. Take a closer look by clicking on the pic. I tried to convince him that this was the umbilical cord and those parts can't even be seen yet! He wouldn't listen. It was so funny! Dr.'s are usually able to accurately determine the gender of the baby via ultrasound around the 12th week. (3 weeks & 2 days away!) 
Here are some great video's of the baby.
The Heartbeat
The bloodflow inside the baby & placenta.
The baby moving.
If you can't see the video very well try the following steps:
- Look in the upper right side of the screen and find the words "Page" and "Tools."
- Click on the drop down arrow to the right side of the word "Page."
- Click on "Zoom"
- Choose either "150" or "200"
- This just makes the screen bigger.
- Don't forget to change it back to it's original setting after your done.