Hi Everyone!
(Pardon my blog. I am in the process of trying some new templates.)
I'll be 8 weeks on Wed., June 23, and I DON'T FEEL A THING!!! I have no pregnancy symptoms what-so-ever!!! It's crazy. At least with Taylor I was a little nauseous. If I had to reach for symptoms, I'd have to say I was a little tired. But wouldn't you be tired after chasing after a 12mo old all day? Yep! Also, I don't know what is going on with my wrist. I don't know if it's joint swelling b/c of hormone levels or if it's completely unrelated, but my left wrist pops every time I rotate it. I MEAN EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's a little sore and a tiny bit swollen. I have no idea what's going on with that. Anyway, I feel fine.
We have our first ultrasound tomorrow, June 22nd. Given our past, we are of course a little scared but we both feel like this pregnancy is gonna stick. I just can't believe that we have to wait 10 more weeks to find out if it is a boy or girl. We wanna know NOW! LOL!!! We both want a boy really bad, but a healthy baby is always most important.
So, I have started doing something pretty unconventional. I have suffered from chronic lower back pain for 3 years. During my last pregnancy it flared up so badly that I was in tears for 3 straight days. I have no desire to relive that pain again so I started going to physical therapy but that didn't help. As a last resort, I looked into acupuncture. My first session was last week and it is so awesome that I can't wait to go back. The needles hurt for the first minute or two. It kinda feels like ant bites. After that I was so absolutely relaxed that I laid right there and feel asleep for 45 minutes. I have never been so peacefully relaxed in my life. It was crazy!!! It hasn't helped my back yet but I've only been once. I have 4 more sessions and then we'll see how things are going. The awesome thing about acupuncture (AP for short) is that it "treats" the entire body and it's energy, not just one symptom at a time. So, I am hoping that this helps my wrist also. AP is also great during pregnancy b/c it helps de-stress and relax, something essential during pregnancy.
Now, for Taylor. She took a scary fall off of our front steps yesterday. She's not afraid of anything and I have to watch her b/c she'll always go for the steps. She loves to climb. Well, as it always goes...I turned my back for one second and when I turned around she was climbing the first step. I tried to get to her but she lost her balance and fell face first on the cement walkway. THANKFULLY, she only scratched her nose. She started crying and we ran inside to make sure she had all of her teeth. After I cleaned her up, daddy took her and tried to get her to stop crying. He opened the refrigerator and "BAM!" she was fine!!! She is so tough, but I guess if you are going to have Brodie as a dad you gotta be tough! LOL!!!!
And speaking of Dad. This is his last week at his current station. He gets a 2 week break (hopefully) and then goes to work and a station a little closer to home. This is a very busy week for him as he is also taking two online courses which have mid-terms due this weekend. I just can't tell you how hard he is working for his family. We are so proud of him. I am so proud of him. I couldn't have married a better man. (I love you honey!)