I went for my last scheduled OB visit on Tuesday (39w1d - May 19th, 2009). I was dilated 2 cm and 80% effaced. She did a painful proceedure that could possibly naturally induce labor. She said if it worked then we should have the baby in 24-72 hours. She told me t0 make an appointment for next Tuesday but she didn't think I'd make it.
Well, today is Sunday, May 24th. Tomorrow is my due date. Nanny has been here since last Monday. Since then we have just been sitting around looking at each other, waiting. I haven't had so much as a sharp pain. Obviously, my doc's proceedure didn't work. All that pain for nothing.
I am still burping every other second, all day long. I can't sleep. I just want to cry. I am so uncomfortable. I just want to hold my little girl.
Trying to pass the time, I made two more videos. One of them is rather large so I am figuring out how to shrink it so I can get it on my blog. Until I can get those loaded, I took some pics today that I'll post here. They're not pretty. I have learned that when a woman is only days away from her due date, she could care less what she looks like. At this point it's all about finding a shirt long enough to cover up her belly. LOL!